Friday, October 7, 2011

Saturday 08 October 2011

Yay the sun is out!!! Jazzy has been coming along well. Had a wee vet visit a few weeks back with bacterial conjunctivitis and she was very good about having the 3 daily eye cream put in!

She is starting to look stunning and she knows it, is feeling good! This pony has so much personality, her latest trick is being caught, then while I am catching the others she runs off and chases Danny away, then plays around a bit before she will be re-caught!

Jazzy is very 'expressive' and super 'sensitive' at this stage. She seems to always be on her toes ready to flee, which gives me food for thought in respect to the way I work with her. She is what I call quiet but flighty at the same time. I expect part of this is her nature, but will still work with her and get her using the thinking side of her brain.

I have hopped up and sat on Jazzy quite a few times with no stress and we have walked around a bit with just the halter on. Before I continue with her ridden education I intend to get her ground work much better. She has not had consistent work so far in her life, so thats the plan now that the weather is fine and my studies are winding down.

No comments:

Post a Comment